Applying for work permit for Ghana can seem a daunting exercise. Firstly, accurate information is hard to come by. In addition, obtaining a work permit for Ghana is more often than not a two stop process with many hurdles to overcome.
Above this there are various obligations the employer and employee must undertake in the application for a Ghana Work permit.
Below we provide you with the requirements and processes for obtaining a work permit for Ghana. If, however, you prefer to speak to one of our consultants simply:
- email us here or
- complete our applying for a work permit for Ghana assessment form
- or telephone us on + 27 (0) 21 424 2460
General requirements for obtaining a work permit in Ghana
Depending upon your situation there are various requirements for obtaining a work permit in Ghana. The common thread of requirements is:
Whether you are a company, Ministry, Department, Agency or individual
- A completed work permit application form.
- Curriculum vitae and educational and professional certificates of the employee.
- Am employment contract.
- Police report from home country.
- Medical repor.
Where companies are the employer the following also is required:
- Photocopies of employee’s passport.
- Business documents.
- Certificate of Registration.
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Certificate to Commence Business.
- Regulations to the Companies Code.
- Current Audited Accounts.
- Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Letters of support from supervising Ministry, Departments and Agency (MDAs) where applicable.
- GIPC registration certificate (Where applicable).
- Employment contract.
- Evidence of imported machinery e.g. pro-forma invoice, shipping documents.
- Evidence of effort made to recruit a Ghanaian e.g. Advertisement of job vacancy.
Where an NGO is the employer:
- Photocopies of the employee’s passport.
- Registration Certificate.
- Letter of support from supervising MDA.
- Employment contract.
- Annual Report.
Where a Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) is the employer:
- Photocopies of the of employee’s passport.
- Employment Contract.
Getting started with your Work Permit for Ghana
Before we make any formal application for a work visa for Ghana on your behalf we offer a free consultation process to guide you as to the correct type of work permit or work visa application as well as your eligibility.
Simply email us here or telephone us on + 27 (0) 21 424 2460.